Map of Austria

Map of Austria
Road Trip!!

Monday, June 13, 2011

My Time As a Fashion Model!

So today was spent with some interesting class trips to both IBM and Skin Italia. Both were different and unique presentations. After David the designer at Skin gave us his history and background on the leather industry, we had some fun watching the class model superior leather coats and jackets down the runway for the class. I tried to keep a low profile, because the last thing I wanted to do is trip and fall down the aisle! Also, many of my classmates were trying to capture it all digitally! I stayed as quiet as I could as different classmates were chosen to do the modeling. I checked the price tags of their various jackets and coats. Most were in the 1500 to 2000 Euro price range. Multiple that by 1.45 to get a rough approximation of what we are talking about! Wow. Some of the girls looked real sharp and played the role of model very well! I thought we were done when David turned to me and said Madame, It is time for you! "It's OK, I'm good!" I replied. Well to make a long story short, this guy was not about to take no for an answer. I guess his persistance is what made him the multimillionaire he is! David is someone who revolutionized the leather industry!

So I played the good sport and went to the back. I was given a leather cape to model. Seemed easy enough. I looked at the workmanship. I could get use to this! It was a reversable cape with the interior being fine sheepskin. I was put in the team of professors and a few stray students to go down the runway. I think I held my breath, praying I wouldn't trip and fall adding some humor to the day's event. The upbeat Italian music played and off I went!

Well I made it! Completed a full run, stopped and posed for pics at the request of faculty and came back to home base unscathe. Afterwards, I happened to glance at the price tag. It was nearly 4000 Euros! I turned to my professor and said this cape cost 4000 Euros!!! Well Alice that's about $6000, he replied. OMG!! My first car, a brand new Dodge Omni, didnt even cost that much!! Wow! Good thing for my family that my favorite one cost half that price!

After all this excitement, I retreated to the solitude of the Borghese Gardens. The timing was perfect for photos as it was early evening. I enjoyed dinner later at the Zeus Restauraunt. Made a mental note to self to try to make their version of Lasagna when I got home. Another good day in Roma!

Tomorrow I get to knock one thing off my bucket list!! A trip with my class to the Sistene Chapel and St Peter's Bascillica! Something I have been wanting to do for many years!

Buona Sera!

No comments:

Post a Comment